Hi,

Could anyone point me to where the code generator emits the implied
pairs(t) in "for k,v in t do"? It doesn't seem to actually call pairs()...

Reasoning: For scoping and memory efficiency we are using many threads,
with each thread sharing access to a single global state for the mapping of
our API (it was too expensive to map every function into many states). This
requires a metatable hit to thunk to the global state, which means the
lua_rawget() in luaB_pairs() needs to be changed to a lua_gettable(). This
works for "for k,v in pairs(t) do" but the implied pairs() in for "k,v, in
t do" isn't working, so I'm guessing the code generators inserts the code
literally.

Jason Chown
Head Programmer
SCEE Studio Liverpool

postmaster@scee.net

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for all known viruses.

 SCEE 2004