Hi,

> > I've successfully compiled lua 5.0 and the current version of luasocket
> > 2.0.
>
> (The reason this isn't just a message to Diego is that it's something
> other extension authors should be aware of.)

I don't mind that my bugs be reported to the list. :o)

I still didn't decide how LuaSocket will be distributed. When time comes
(beta version is cooking and almost there) I will fix this.

Just out of curiosity, since you seem to what this is all about, why
isn't this option always enabled? What does it do, exactly? Can it harm
you if you turn it on and build a static library?

[]s,
Diego.