Hi,
I am having a problem with tables. The culprit is the following function:

function dep:remove( _name )
   for i = 1, table.getn(self.deps), 1
   do
       if self.deps[i]["name"] == _name
       then
            table.remove(self.deps, i)
       end
   end
end

When I call this function I get the following error:

lua: depends.lua:22: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
       depends.lua:22: in function `remove'
       depends.lua:37: in main chunk
       [C]: ?

I checked and i is a valid element in that table. This function does seem to work when i is the last element of the table. I also tried typing a number in directly. When I replaced table.remove(self.deps, i) with table.remove(self.deps, 1) things also failed. Then I tried taking it out of the for loop, and everything worked.

Can someone help me fix this?

Mike Atamas
aelfgar@aelfgar.com