I own a Treo 600 and wanted to obtain a copy of the call log on my PC. This
led me to produce two lua scripts. The first script allows reading of any
Palm PDB file, returning a record (with it's attributes) one at a time. This
script defines a function which returns an iterator, allowing the calling
script to use the for statement.  As each binary record is specific to the
palm application that created the PDB, it is then up to the calling script
to decode the application specific records.

The second script provides an example of real world usage of pdbReader.lua
to go through each record in a given Treo 600 PhoneCallDB.PDB, printing
formatted CSV values to STDOUT.

I hope people find either or both of these scripts useful.  It would be nice
to build a pluggable series of handlers for each PDB type on the Palm (memo,
date book, etc) if anyone is interested.

Martin
martinkendall@lycos.co.uk