Jay,

First of all we deeply apologize for the recent inconvenience. You are more
than right about our announcement of the Kepler LuaXMLRPC over your original
work.

We also apologize and recognize we should have done our homework contacting
you anyway before we began implementing our version. We wrongly assumed your
implementation was stopped since 2001, our fault.

Concerning the library name itself we will change ours immediately if you
prefer, but we would also gladly join efforts if that interests you. Our
XMLRPC binding is going to be very integrated with Kepler and your
experience with the protocol and the "Lua tables / XML structures" details
would be a great help. Please let us know your position on the possible
merging.

Please also note that the Kepler and the Lua team are separated. We cannot
be "touchy about anybody else reusing the name 'lua'" because that name is
not ours.

Once more, we are very sorry for the nuisance.

Sincerely,

André Carregal
http://www.keplerproject.org