[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] Lua binary module 'wx'
- From: Herbert.Leuwer@... (Herbert Leuwer)
- Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:09:35 +0100
I have generated a small module 'wx', which allows to load the wxLua
library dynamically as binary module using lua -l wx or via require.
The module has been tested under Linux using Lua 5.0.1, GTK-1.2.10,
wxGTK-2.4.2 and wxLua 2.2.
It provides the following basic features:
- The wxLua library has NOT been changed.
- Instantiate the wxApp class in Lua (just like you do it in C for
wxWindows or in Python for wxPython)
- The wxLua debugger (IDE) works as well. The library libwx.so
integrates the LuaDebugTarget class, which is instantiated by a small
Lua script only in the DUT. A few changes/bugfixes were necessary to
bring the debugger to reasonable stable operation.
- The package also contains a generic interface for object oriented
programming in Lua based on Kevin Baca's Inheritance Tutorial.
I have put as many things as possible into Lua code and used
tolua++-1.0.2 for the very few bindings (just a version of wxApp and
The package can be found here (comments are welcome):