> >Hello Jarrod,
> >
> >    You need to add the lopcodes.c file from [luadir]/src to your project,
> >too.
> >
> >                                                                        God
> >bless you,
> >

> >Leandro.
> >

> tried that it does not work either :-(
> it has to be some problem with the actual visual studio project file
> itself since everything compile correctly it just won't link to the
> static lib correctly.

This is another issue IMHO. The "missing" symbol is here, but doesn't have
the right name I think. I had this issue before. It is related to the fact
Visual Studio has the baaaaaad habit to mangle C names in the C++ fashion,
and thus sometime generates problems like those. So you may try your luck
a bit with the extern "C" { ... } thingy.

However, I doubt you want the full luac compiler in your project. Maybe
you would even prefer just a function that your main code should call. If
the answer is "yes", then you are just like me :-P

So you might want my "luacomp.c" here:

  http://www.nobis-crew.org/~pixel/luacomp.c

It's a hardcut I made into luac so it now behave as a function, that I
called "luacmain". This "luacmain" will ask for a state, a boolean for
"stripping?", and the usual "chunkwriter" with its companion datas. So,
you have to had load previously a _single_ .lua file, (using lua_load) and
this will dump it to a chunkwriter.

My luacmain function should maybe be changed a bit so that it would
combine() serveral previously lua_load()ed files, for example, in this
manner:

void luacmain(lua_State * L, int stripping, lua_Chunkwriter w, void * uD, int n)
{
    Proto * f;
    int i;
    f = combine(L, n);