-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Ierusalimschy [mailto:roberto@inf.puc-rio.br]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:53 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: error, setjmp and exceptions

> 2. Does calling 'error' impair garbage collection in any way? That is,
> if I had some user data referenced in a function that calls error would
> such user data be collected properly?

No and yes.
Could you elaborate on this? I am not concerned about performance at this point. Rather, I am thinking of platform compatibility and Lua VM integrity. If there were cases when calling 'error' (as a matter of exception) would leave Lua VM is a state unsuitable for further execution I would like to know about them. Not having proper GC in such cases would also be my concern.
I am exploring this for unrolling Lua call stack to a given level. But after it happens I intend to proceed with executing other Lua code as if the unrolling had never happened.
Alex