>While surfing the web, I found Pygame, a framework for writing games in
Python:
> http://www.pygame.org/

>I don't know much about game programming, but it would be nice to have
>something like that for Lua.
>--lhf

I'm working on a (currently) closed source project that have Lua binds for
SDL, SDL_mixer (MOD is working and OGG is planed), SDL_image (PNG and JPEG),
SDL_flic, SDL_ttf and SDL_gfx. It also supports a pack file for game code
and resources based on zziplib, has configuration load/save using luapickle
and zlib (to prevent manual editing the config data) and it has a built-in
class framework. I'm currently writing a binding for APF (a implementation
of the A* path-finding algorithm in C, see my web site for more info).

The project statically links to jpeg, libpng, lua (5.0), lualib (which will
be replaced for a striped down version), SDL_ttf, SDL_gfx, SDL_image,
SDL_mixer, libmikmod, SDL_flic, SDL, zlib, zziplib and APF but is only
993.280 bytes in size. Running the executable through upx -9 gives me a
416.768 bytes executable!

Andre de Leiradella
http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/