I'm working on an powerful 2D graphics/animation product fully scriptable with lua.... it'll be a while before it's done enough to share with you all, but you guys will be the first to get access to it, especially since you all have been helping me out so much with lua!

I've made a bunch of screen shots of it (so far) for an interested party. They are all currently on the mac (mac development is primary, with the pc version close behind it). The shots don't give you a complete understanding of the product, but they should give you some idea. Think of it as dragging out sprites (of static images, qt movies, animations from director/flash, qt & custom effects, etc and animating/orchestrating them with lua scripts...

1 - An overview of the most of the app UI: http://www.spritec.com/ss/SpriteStudio1.jpg

2 - Some detail of a project. Here, which screen to run the final app on and its settings, etc: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Project1.jpg

3 - More project detail, showing some sample scripting: http://www.spritec.com/ss/project2.jpg

4 - The "Studio" window, the main area you work in visually with your sprites. Here I've dressed up a QT movie preview of Terminator 3 with a crowd, some curtains and other scripting that dims the lights before starting the trailer, etc... oh and then the visual experience is then captured and saved out as another QT movie! :) http://www.spritec.com/ss/Studio1.jpg

5 - A look at the assets window and viewing the T3 movie: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Assets1.jpg

6 - more assets, this time an "art strip" which is output taken from Macromedia director: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Assets2.jpg

7 - another asset, this time a static image, with some encoding options: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Assets3.jpg

8 - options and details associated with a qt movie that is made into a sprite: http://www.spritec.com/ss/QuickTimeSpriteInfo.jpg

9 - some of the built in effects you can drag out into the studio: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Effects1.jpg

10 - and the QT effects you can drag out: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Effects2.jpg

11 - configuring QT's fire effect: http://www.spritec.com/ss/EffectConfigure1.jpg

12 - and configuring one of my own effects (note the smooth drop shadow on the image): http://www.spritec.com/ss/EffectConfigure2.jpg

13 - the palette of predefined items you can drag out (note these are sprites and not system widgets): http://www.spritec.com/ss/PreFab.jpg

14 - a "try it in here" scratch pad workspace for lua scripting: http://www.spritec.com/ss/Lua1.jpg

15 - and the built-in documentation of the scripting API for creating/manipulating sprites at run time (over 500 api calls!): http://www.spritec.com/ss/ObjectAPI1.jpg and http://www.spritec.com/ss/ObjectAPI2.jpg