From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br]On Behalf Of Nick Trout
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 4:07 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: RE: Recognizing Methods vs. Functions

Well in that case it may be a design problem? So this a little like
having static and non-static functions mixed in a class in C++? If this
is the case I'd declare them in 2 separate tables. Otherwise you could
try declaring all the functions with explicit self, i.e.

        function mod.foo(self, arg1, arg2) ... end

and always call with the ':' convention, ignoring self where you don't
need it.

Nick