Yep, guys over here have also gone through Lua code-base removing longs and also wished Lua had them user-defined types or ints.
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Trout [mailto:nick@rockstarvancouver.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 6:12 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: RE: Simple AI Scripting, Help Me!
 [skipped]

I think the only problem I have now is long, which is 64 bit on the PS2.
There are only a few occurrences in the Lua code, but nevertheless it
makes sense to remove them (for PS2). It would be nice if the longs were
ints or user defined. If in Lua long is assumed to be the same size as
int (i.e. the machines native word size) there seems little point in
using it at all.

Nick