> Hi Joel!
> My point on PS2 has nothing to do with Lua, which was the point!  We
run
> into C compiler issues more than Lua issues on PS2 was what I was
trying
> to say :-)
>
> But I was actually going to send a note to this list about the PS2 Lua
> anyway, so I might as well do that now :-)
>
> A month or so ago somebody on this list mentioned that their PS2 Lua
> implementation worked but was speeded up by doing something or other
> (something with memory or alignment I think). I can't seem to find it
in
> the archives (is there a better way to search them btw?).  Anyway, if
> anybody is using Lua on the PS2 can you post what changes you made to
> optimize it?
>
> For the record, all we did on the PS2 was to change the Lua number
> definition from double to float and it compiled and ran fine.  Same
with
> GameCube.  Any console developer advice would be appreciated on other
> things that would optimize Lua though.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
> ps: tell Bill Schmitt hiya for me.

Hello Bill!

You can search Lua-l from 2 places:

	http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/
&
	http://archive.neotonic.com/archive/lua-l

The PS2 comment might have been me:

I think Lua has a union in llimits.h which has double in it. I think
it's supposed to be the size of an instruction. This only needs to be 32
bit, not 64 so you can save memory. I think the running faster reference
was wrt to removing all instances of double from Lua.

Nick