On Monday 08 December 2003 12:46, Robert Anderberg wrote:
> The Lua manual is quite like a Bjarne Stroustup C++ book.

I hope you didn't mean that as an insult to the manual's authors :-)
Both as a C++ programmer and as a professional courseware writer, I consider
"The C++ programming language (3rd ed.)" a monumental failure. It is useless
as an introductory course, and worse than useless as a reference (I may take
some of this back if you were referring to "The annotated C++ reference
manual", but you'll notice there is another author beside B.S.).

> It's very terse, but all the information is there is you take time
> to read it.

Oh, you meant "like a Kernighan-Ritchie book" :-)

The above rant is my way to say that the Lua reference manual is one of the
best language manuals I read. On that I think we agree.

  .Erix.