Yesterday, I checked the new issue of a French magazine about software
development, "Programmez !".
I seldom buy it, but I often check if there is some interesting free tool,
library or software.

Here, I was amazed to see, amongst other "tools" (in the "Boîte à outils"
folder), Lua 5.0 advertised on the
CD cover!
It was on same "level" than Poseidon for UML, Maguma Studio, EasyPHP, PHP4,
Zope, Python, Cygwin and
DevC++.

On the back of the cover, a short description: "langage de script très
léger", ie. "very lightweight scripting
language".

On the CD, the Lua 5.0 source, of course, but also Nick's binary
distribution for Windows.
And on the "toolbox" Web page, a longer description:

Lua est un langage de script très léger pouvant être embarqué dans une
application compilée. Sa
conception originale permet une gestion très souple des structures de
données. Lua est  souvent utilisé
pour scripter la partie utilisateur de jeux vidéos, ou même des moteurs de
jeux (hors graphisme).

Approximative translation:

Lua is a very lightweight scripting language than can be embedded in a
compiled application. Its original
design allows a very flexible management of data structures. Lua is often
used to script the user side of
video games, or even game engines (except for graphics).

I thought you may be interested by the information...
http://www.programmez.com

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)