>Is it possible for you to add a version number to the library tarball?

I'm sorry, I'll have to pass on this one. I don't want to have to update
more web pages than I need too (and the Lua pages already eat a good chunk
of my time and energy).  Plus I don't think it's really worth it because my
Lua libraries are not updated that frequently.

In any case, I've added a list of all my Lua packages at
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/release.txt

This list contains the last-update dates and MD5 digests. I hope this helps
to avoid confusion with versions.
--lhf