Hi,

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I did a search of the archive and didn't find it.  Any-hoo...

>From the Lua FAQ:

1.3 - When is the next version due?
The current version (Lua 5.0) was released on 11 Apr 2003. No date is currently set for releasing the next version, but work in Lua 5.1 has already begun. Intermediate, work versions are announced from time to time in the mailing list.

1.4 - What changes will the next version bring?
<snip>
Our main goal for the next version is incremental/generational garbage collection.

.
.
.
.
We're using Lua in a game that's currently in development.  My question is:  given that we're going Final at the end of 2004, should we roll our own, wrt garbage collection?  Or can we sit back and wait for an official release?

Thanks!

--
Kevin Coughlan        O+---+---+---+
                      || * |   |   |  Fier d'etre Acadien!
Radical Entertainment ||   |   |   |  On est venu pour rester!
Vancouver, C.-B.      |+---+---+---+