Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
That syntax does look pretty wacky, [...]

Suggestions for improvements are wellcome. The syntax needs to allow the
inclusion of any literal string; it would be nice if the old `[[ ]]'
could fit as a special case of the new format.

Yeah, I could see what you were going for.  I can't think of
anything more visually pleasing that keeps [[ compatability, my
main worry was that --[*[ would be inconvenient to type (on many/most
UK/US keyboards needing the use of shift or keypad) and head down
the slippery slope of making Lua code look like line-noise.  But
having spent a few minutes now 'trying it out' it's fine really and
in most cases I expect people can safely stick to [[ ]] anyway.

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3