While we're talking about Lua's grammar, and someone had
mentioned Lua's short-comment specifier (which I don't really mind)
there's one thing I'd really rather like to see in a future
version of the language: nestable or otherwise non-accidentally-
terminated long-comments.

I often use --[[ ... ]] for commenting out chunks of code, but
am also often foiled in this because the long-comment terminator,
']]', is something that fairly often occurs naturally in the
code I'm commenting out.  It would be nice if the parser could
either count the [[ and ]] balance and only terminate the
comment when the balance returns to zero, or allowed a different
block-comment format whose terminator sequence wasn't valid
Lua grammar.

Regards,
--Adam
--