I'm not advocating a change -- though I do have to pause to think about what
the inequality operator is in Lua when I need it -- but if I were picking a
replacement, I'd probably go with "<>" rather than "!=" since "!=" only
makes sense if you also introduce "!" where as "<>" fits with the other
inequality operators.

Mark