From: Ando Sonenblick [mailto:ando@spritec.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:40 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: inline conditional assignment possible?

Hi gang,

I'm trying to assign a varible in an if statement and have its resulting value be evaluated for the if. For example:

Normal way:

s = project:FindSprite("Title")

if s ~= nil then

print("we have a title")

end

New desired way:

if (s = project:FindSprite("Title")) ~= nil then

print("we have a title")

end

But lua always complains and I've tried all sorts of syntactical variations. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

thx,

ando