Hello Chris,

ckc> Hi there, I'm trying to reuse/redo a simple C++/LUA wrapper I wrote with Lua 4.0
ckc> My first problem is to be able to load and run a test script

ckc> I've replaced the old dofile with :
ckc> res=luaL_loadfile(m_luaState,fileName.c_str());
ckc> // Test res
ckc> res=lua_pcall(m_luaState, 0,0,0);
ckc> // Test res

ckc> The test script is a single line :
ckc> io.write("Hello from LUA")

ckc> Previously it was
ckc> print("Hello from LUA")

ckc> Both of them return an error :
ckc>  attempt to index global `io' (a nil value)
ckc> or
ckc>  attempt to index global `print' (a nil value)

ckc> I've tried to find a hint in the manual but may be I've missed it ?

ckc> Do I need to include a package to be able to output anything ??

ckc> Thanks

The code I use for the wrapper looks like:

  lua_State *L = lua_open();

  luaopen_base(L);
  luaopen_table(L);
  luaopen_io(L);
  luaopen_string(L);
  luaopen_math(L);
  luaopen_debug(L);
  luaopen_loadlib(L);

  lua_dofile(L, fileName.c_str());

  lua_setgcthreshold(L, 0);  // collected garbage
  lua_close(L);

Best regards,
 Vadim                            mailto:sh-vadim@yandex.ru