glLua uses toLua to generate a binding. Unfortunately tolua5 alpha
currently is too buggy to run over the GL package. As soon as tolua5 is
available you should be able to upgrade it. I think the current glLua
version uses Lua 3.1 so is quite old.

http://doris.sf.net/ is an OpenGL binding (with GUI widget library)
based on glLua which uses Lua 4.0.1 and tolua4a. CVS for this project is
just waiting on tolua5a fixes so it can all move to Lua5.

Nick