Is there anyway in the current LUA framework to take a running (but
yielded) lua state and serialize it to disk then load it back up and
resume execution where it was before the dump to file?

If not, and I wanted to some how do this where should I start digging?
Thinking about this, I really only need a way of grabbing the current PC
pos and the execution stack. Our scripts aren't creating anything new in
the global tables and those can be recreated at load time. Also, what
sort of data internal to the lua state that stores information about the
status of the state would be required when we load it back up?

Joel