Hey, looks like you have the exact same task I had back along...do a search
in the mail archive for my mails, and jobs a good 'un!

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron [mailto:aaronhannah@alltel.net]
Sent: 30 October 2003 18:08
To: lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Subject: Newbie Questions

Could someone please point me in the direction of a place to find
information about embedding Lua in a C application?  What I've been able to
unearth so far via the websites I've visited haven't given me what I'm
looking for.  What I'm looking for specifically is how to read data from a
Lua script into a C application (use the Lua script as a resource file so to
speak).  More specifically I'd like to write a Zork like game using the Lua
script as a data file, as a means to teach myself how to use Lua.

Can any one help?

It would be much appreciated, so thank you in advance!

-- Aaron