On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 12:02, Gavin Wraith wrote:
> Is it possible to extend the os library with
> a directory-scanning function, like Perl's
> 'readdir', and still keep within ANSI C?
> Of course we can each implement something
> for our own platform but it would be nice
> to be able to do this in a more portable way.

There is no directory listing feature in ANSI C as far as I know. You
could popen a call to ls, but that's about all I can suggest.

It'd be more useful to write a library which loadlib can call, to add
these features in. Perhaps similar to the POSIX library which used to
exist for Lua 4.0

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler: Digital-Scurf Unlimited