On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 05:17  PM, Leandro Candido wrote:

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Hudson" <rhudson@cnonline.net>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: I think it's "require" but I can't get it to work....

I must have mis-spelled "dofile("ansi.lua") because it now seems
to work...

??????

Is this actually something that can be compiled out of lua? (the
ability to load
other lua files as libraries?  I wonder if ansi.lua is just in the
wrong form
or something

ron.

It's a basic question but... Did you know lua?

well, I am just learning lua.

    This is because I have installed the "toms" linux dist and lua is
running ok. The only thing:
        Lua version is 4.0.
    Do man lua, you will see the manual to lua 4.0.

    dofile run ok, etc...

I don't remember if lua 4.0 has support to loadXXX. But search the man
for functions starting with load.

The God's Peace.

Leandro.