On Saturday, October 25, 2003, at 12:21  PM, Leandro Candido wrote:

Hello,

    Try

    assert(loadfile("ansi.lua"))()

error: attempt to call global 'loadfile' (a nil value)

Did you have modified Lua sources (.c)?

I don't have the sources here, it's the compiled version in
tomsbtrt.

                                Leandro.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Hudson" <rhudson@cnonline.net>
To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: I think it's "require" but I can't get it to work....

I had that. I tried several things, most of the time LUA complained
that "dofile" or "require" were
= nil, but when it did not complain, references in the program to
subroutines in ansi.lua were nil

I have finally copied ansi.lua into the top of my program.

is there somthing special I have to do in a "dofile" file?  have no
global stuff and only functions
in there?