I had that. I tried several things, most of the time LUA complained that "dofile" or "require" were = nil, but when it did not complain, references in the program to subroutines in ansi.lua were nil

I have finally copied ansi.lua into the top of my program.

is there somthing special I have to do in a "dofile" file? have no global stuff and only functions
in there?