Hi,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo [mailto:lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br]
Envoyé : jeudi 23 octobre 2003 12:12
À : lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
Objet : Re: loadstring (...)

> Yes. It's in our plans for 5.1: chunks will be vararg functions.

Meaning that each time a chunk is executed, there will be the overhead of
taking the arguments on the stack and making a table of them ? Wouldn't it
be simpler to be able to name the parameters of the chunk, just like we name
the parameters of any function ? (i.e. have the very same possibilities for
'chunk-generated' functions than for 'regular' ones regarding parameter
handling) And then, if one wants to make a varag function from the chunk,
fine, but please give choice a chance :-)

Cheers,

Benoit.