I haven't seen anything like this on the Wiki, but I am very interested
to see what others have done, so I took the liberty of adding a page:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/ScriptSecurity

and an article on making tables read-only.

I'm eager to see the techniques others are using to make their scripts
more robust and secure.

-Kevin