Tai y Daniel preguntaron:

>>> On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:43, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>>> src/lgc.c
>>>                 C functions also may have stacks larger than current top

>>This one doesn't say whether the fix is to allow it, to cope safely with
>>it, or to prevent it happening

> I wonder if a reply has been posted to this comment? I am very
interested in the
> clarification as well.

Answer: The fix is "to cope safely with it". The word "top" here does not
refer to the end of stack storage; rather, it is the current end of useful
data; garbage collecting beyond this point would not be useful.

>>> On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:43, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>>> src/lib/lbaselib.c
>>>                 Buffer overflow for unusual %p representation
>
> What is meant by "unusual"? Can an example be given?

Answer: It would be an implementation of the C standard library in
which printing a pointer might require 60 characters. I don't have
such a machine in my collection, but apparently they exist and
dburgess has one.
(ref: <http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2003-08/msg00380.html>.

You would have to ask him for an example; even on the only 64-bit
machine I have access to, a pointer can be printed in 16 characters.
Since I have a hard time imagining a machine whose address space
is 240 bits, I can only assume that on D. Burgess' machine,
pointers are not simple addresses.

Hope this helps clarify things -- trying to save the Lua authors some
trouble.

Rici