We're preparing Lua 5.0.1, a bug-fix release that fixes all known bugs of
Lua 5.0. We're still working on the manual and will release a full package
soon. Those who want to try the fixed modules, get
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/work/lua-5.0-update.tar.gz

To apply these fixes, open the original lua-5.0.tar.gz, rename the dir to
lua-5.0.1, then open lua-5.0-update.tar.gz on top of it.

If you had problems with the few bugs in Lua 5.0 listed at
	http://www.lua.org/bugs.html#5.0
or reported recently in lua-l but not yet listed, please test the updated
modules. The differences are listed in DIFFS.

(The first bug listed there, which seems the most popular bug, is the one in
the manual, which we'll fix for the full 5.0.1 distribution.)
--lhf