Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> This is what I call a perfect user. Finding a bug, he not only corrects
> it for us, but also takes the opportunity to praise the language!

I have been applying the patches accumulated at
http://www.lua.org/bugs.html to the source tree, and I suppose
Rici's patch will appear there as well after some verification. But
it makes the Lua version a little ill defined.

The small number of patches probably doesn't warrant a new point
release, but something intermediate would be helpful. Maybe
a PL (patch level) postfix to the version number (LUA_VERSION)
that gets bumped, and included as a diff, for each patch?

---
Albert-Jan