Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance (i'm a Lua newbie).

I have a 'C' function (getFileListing) that has been registered with Lua. It
compiles a list of files in the current working directory. Everything works
fine until I try *returning* this info to Lua. How can I do it?

My Lua script (right now) makes the call...

getFileListing()

Nothing happens but printf's in the getFileListing function show that its
being called & doing the right thing. So now I have an array of strings (the
file names) in the 'C' side but I want to pass this info back to the script.
I think I need to use a "Table" to pass this info to Lua, but tables are new
to me and I cant see an example which does what I want (which, as a newbie,
im looking for!).

I'd like my script (I think) to look something like ...

t = getFileListing() -- where t is the returned table

-- check for table size

-- iterate through table getting the file listing names

(im not sure of the exact table iteration syntax - but I can work that out
later).

I hope this isnt too simple a question - but any help would greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Andy