>You seem to form very simple questions in a very complicated fashion.

It gives people more to think about :) I usually don't know what I am on about while I'm typing so please forgive me for that.

Just as I received this mail I actually posted another which uses the return method :) and I seem to have got things going OK.. so thanks for that.. I also found the Roberto Lua book which seems to have helped me rapidly learn the workings of basic Lua so would like to thank him for that (can't wait for Lua5 update ;)

thanks guys..

PT