Andre,

I've not attempted this.  I know you were asking for answers, not advice.  But if I had a project that needed to use fuzzy logic in an embedded scripting language I'd probably switch and use Scheme or Lisp instead of Lua.  There are plenty of versions of Scheme which can be embedded just as well as Lua.

Anyway, good luck with whatever route you choose.

Chris Perkins
Media Lab, Inc.