Corrigenda:

I wrote:

> After finishing the contract, I finally worked out I could have got
> rid of the ugly {[...]} and freed up [...] for something else: simply
> allow id *or* integer-constant keys in ()s:
>
>     a := (4,7,2)       an indexed list of three items
>     b := (3)           the same as b := 3
>     c := (0:3)         a one-item list containing 3

This table was mostly nonsense, because I switched only partially from origin 1 (the original Taxcel origin) to origin 0 (my preferred origin in my propsed work).  Rplace 0: with 1: throughout, eg:

    c := (1:3)         a one-item list containing 3

One other key difference between Taxcel and Lua I forgot to mention is that Taxcel assignment was *always* by value (ie, it was strictly side-effectless), while Lua assignment of composite types is by reference.  This was to simplify the semantics for the user base, who were accountants, not OO programmers. :)

The new language I'm working on will, like Smalltalk, *always* assign by reference.

Cheers, Paul