--- Vijay Aswadhati <wyseman@pacbell.net> wrote:
> C++ name mangling is not portable and hence LUA library compiled
> for C++ by Visual C++ for instance cannot be used by an
> application that uses Borland compiler (wont link because of name
> mangling differences).

Well, library files aren't portable either. They may happen to be
interchangeable between a few Windows compilers (I don't know), but
this is hardly a guarantee.

> Joe Programmer should not have to modify the source code to make
> it compile.

That is the current situation. Brian did *not* need to modify the
Lua headers. Luiz showed a simple, straight-forward solution:

// lua.hpp
extern "C" {
#include "lua.h"
}