At 11:05 07/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
Hi,

hi.

1. I have these definitions inside my package file:

   class gsGlobals {
     const int activate_extra_bar;
     const int activate_extra_bar @ extra_bar;
   };

  tolua_variable(tolua_S,"activate_extra_bar", \
        tolua_get_gsGlobals_activate_extra_bar,NULL);
   tolua_variable(tolua_S,"extra_bar", \
        tolua_get_gsGlobals_activate_extra_bar,NULL);
[...]

  Or has there something in the .pkg syntax changed from toLua 4
   to the new version? toLua 4 worked perfectly.

What were the names of the functions that tolua4 generated?

2. This seems to be a very strange problem. Well, it worked with
[...]
    if player[1] == player[2] then this_never_happens() end

I didn't follow the whole explanation, but you should know that operator==() was not supported on tolua4, but it is on tolua5, so maybe that's one thing that may be happening differently.

  But if player[2] dies, my program just exits without shouting
   errors to stderr or somewhere else. Even my debugger says the
   program ended correctly, but with errorlevel 1.
[...]
3. How do I find out where an error ocurred when I get a message like:
   "Invalid type in variable assignment"? The tolua_Error struct which
   is passed only contains an array index and a string containing
   "number".

Try using lua_pcall instead of lua_call, that way you can use debug.traceback() to see the error message and a traceback.

good luck..

Ariel.

Ariel.
http://Anime.com.ar