This may help:

- Peter

Kevin Meinert wrote:

In my game engine, I'm loading lua scripts using luaL_loadfile, then, to execute, I run lua_pcall. If I execute the script again with lua_pcall, it fails unless I call luaL_loadfile again before lua_pcall...

I'm trying to avoid recompiling everytime I run a script, I'd like to run pure bytecode each time.

So, what I'm trying to use is lua_ref and lua_pushref, but lua_pushref isn't defined in my copy of the 5.0 code from lua.org. I'm not even sure this will work, but it looked promising.

Any ideas how to call lua scripts from C/C++ without recompiling each time?