A few tests suggest that the memory for 400 tables of the size you're
suggesting is approx 35K on a Windoze PC XP system. My quick and dirty
test (creating 1,000,000 tables of four elements one of which was a new
string value) is very accurate, but suggests you don't have to worry too
much.

  - Tom

twrensch@sdf.lonestar.org