--- Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean. Please give more detail.
> --lhf

Allow me to attempt to better explain.
First off, we're not 100% sure the problem is in lua,
we simply cannot find any explanation in our own code,
and it seems to be crashing in a seperate thread. We
are loading several scripts when our application
starts up, and until a few days ago we were having no
problems. Now we are getting a crash when we load a
particurlar file, but ONLY the first time we run the
application after a partial rebuild of the
application.
To be clear, if I do rebuild all, the bug will happen
the first time I run, but if I then run it again
immediately, it does not crash.
When we posted the original question, we were using
lua_dofile() to load and run the file; we are now
lua_dobuffer() and the same result is occurring.

When we attempt to trace the problem, we are returned
to VC++ with only one item in the call stack, which is
an unidentified memory address; This seems completely
unhelpful, to put it mildly.

If you know of any way lua could be causing this, we
would be highly appreciative. For that matter, if you
have any suggestions for how to debug this problem,
that would be valuable as well.

Thanks for your help, in any case...

=====
--