Virgil Smith wrote:
1. Has Lua been fixed to call the gc metamethod for tables as well as for
userdatas?

2. If the answer is no and there is no plan to, then where does one send
feature requests/explanations (other than to this list)?

3. The Explanation...

You can implement gc-for-tables yourself using a pinch of
C-side glue, associating a table with a dummy heavy userdata
using another weak table.  That said, I implemented this and am
yet to find a good reason to actually use it In Real Life.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"I am NOT a nut!  I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"