[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: GC Metamethod and Tables
- From: "Adam D. Moss" <adam@...>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:04:03 +0100
Virgil Smith wrote:
1. Has Lua been fixed to call the gc metamethod for tables as well as for
2. If the answer is no and there is no plan to, then where does one send
feature requests/explanations (other than to this list)?
3. The Explanation...
You can implement gc-for-tables yourself using a pinch of
C-side glue, associating a table with a dummy heavy userdata
using another weak table. That said, I implemented this and am
yet to find a good reason to actually use it In Real Life.
Adam D. Moss . ,,^^ email@example.com http://www.foxbox.org/ co:3
"I am NOT a nut! I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"