I have just downloaded Lua 5.0 from the lua.org download page
and installed it with no problems, but when I tried to install
tolua-5.0 I got the following warnings and errors:

ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/liblua.a
is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/liblualib.a
is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
make[1]: *** [../../bin/tolua] Error 1
make: *** [tolua] Error 2

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get
tolua-5.0 to install? I'm on Mac OS X 10.2.6.

Thanks in advance,
Esme.