>You should compile your code -fPIC -DPIC if you intend to link it into a
>shared object.

You're right of course. I took the lazy route. Sorry about that. I'll fix it
next time I update one of the libraries.

On the other hand, if you're interested in adding one of my libraries to your
own host program, you may also link it statically, though the .so route I took
is the easiest for testing. However, in this case you probably do *not* want
a .o compiled with fPIC -DPIC. So, I just avoid this whole issue... :-)
--lhf