> It is tricky to get this bug, because this field (`pc') is used only
for
> debug/error report. The attached code shows the bug in Lua5.0.  BTW,
> maybe this explains your previous problems with linehooks in
coroutines!

It's not tricky to replicate, not sure how tricky it is to fix! Thanks
for the pointers I'll continue this line of inquiry. I've been working
on the assumption that we had some erroneous data or a dodgy pointer in
the game until now.

> I am quite busy until next week, so I cannot test all these now. But
as
> soon as I have more time I will double check all this stuff.

Great. I'll try modifying the code as you suggest. On first attempt it
appears that removing the assertion and putting the above line where you
suggest doesn't solve the problem.

Nick