In our game we procompile all of our lua scripts using luac.exe (offline) before running the game. In doing this we noticed a problem where lua will believe a table is nil when indexed if it contains more than 64 entries. When running the game with the regular lua text files it works fine.
So it seems that precompiling the file causes the file to execute differently... does anyone know anything about this? As a temporary fix we may have to split all of our large tables into chunks of less than 64 entries and/or fallback to using text files.

Note: using: lua 4.01... v1.79a

?
Thanks,
Shelby Hubick