Hi

I have a couple of questions i cant find any answers for in the manual..

Is it possible to load a "script" into the lua state and do one execution of a instruction/line/whatever at a time. Lets say i have a lua script going in infinite loop, and i want to check for another state in the host C program for breaking the lua execution. I want to execute a script but i dont want to leave the entire control of the host thread in the hands of the script. is it possible to set a line hook and break further execution from there?

I want to control the reading/writing of variables. I could do this by reading the lua variables, but how do i know where and when they are altered? I could use a linehook and sniff all of the variables at this point but isnt it possible to hook/break on variable write/reads?

Regards, hakon