On Jul 02, 2003 at 09:22 -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >I'd like to see the MD5 library for lua
> >(http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/lmd5.tar.gz) packaged for
> >Debian.
>
> I don't know anything about Debian, not having a Debian system around, but
> I've searched debian.org and found that the libsasl-digestmd5-plain package,
> which is part of libsasl7 package, contains Rivest's library. So, if Debian
> systems already include libsasl, then packaging lmd5 for Debian is probably
> essentially just setting MD5LIB=-lsasl in the Makefile. In fact, MD5LIB=-lsasl
> is already in the Makefile; it's just commented out.
>
> Bottom line "make MD5LIB=-lsasl" should work.

I just added lhf's new md5 library to the LuaCheia CVS (using Plumb's
code, BTW, more duplication).  LuaCheia has a fair number of working
modules already, and it sure would be nice to have the whole thing
packaged for Debian; that could kill a lot of birds with one stone.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com